Thanks for your interest in AutoReach! We’ve helped businesses like yours make millions of calls and can’t wait to get you started on our dialer.
To get you up and running quickly, we’ve put together a few prerequisite setup steps that we’d like for you to complete.
Important: Before you can start logging in, we will need to provision access for your AutoReach admin. In order to do so please provide these 4 piece of information to your Dialpad representative:
- Account Owner's Name in Dialpad
- Account Owner's Email Address
- Account Owner's User ID
- Your Dialpad rep will need to help you retrieve this numerical ID
- API Key (see here for instructions)
Your Dialpad rep will share this information with AutoReach so that we can begin the provisioning process. Once complete, an AutoReach team member will reach out to your designated AutoReach admin to begin the onboarding process.
Important: There are two primary integrated experiences between AutoReach and Dialpad. By default, Dialpad’s Desktop Experience is connected to AutoReach.
If you would like to try Dialpad's mini-dialer embedded into AutoReach's call screen please contact your CSM to enable. Alternatively you can email email@example.com to request this feature be turned on.
Steps 1 & 2 are meant for customers using the Dialpad Desktop experience. Customers leveraging the Dialpad mini-dialer can skip to Step 3.
OPTION 1: AutoReach & Dialpad desktop app as standalone (default experience)
The Dialpad desktop app naturally has more real estate in it’s UI allowing for benefits including:
- Blended Dialing where agents can receive inbound calls even though they’re in an active dialing session
- Call Center specific metrics including viewing call queues, live calls, etc
Important: For agents that will be calling from a Call Center, keep in mind that the dialing experience will differ. When making a call through AutoReach, it’ll appear as if an inbound call is coming into their line. After the agent accepts the “inbound call,” that’s when AutoReach will start dialing outbound to the record and the agent will hear the ringing. This behavior will happen for each call.
Download the appropriate PC or Mac Dialpad app via this download link
Dialpad customers have the option of using Dialpad Everywhere which provides a condensed UI that can be used across any tab, window, or app including AutoReach.
Note: Dialpad Everywhere does not currently support Voicemail Drop. Our recommendation is to use the standard Dialpad app if you require this capability.
- To enable Dialpad Everywhere, select App Settings
- Under Other Settings, make sure the following is selected:
OPTION 2: Dialpad’s mini-dialer embedded into AutoReach
This provides a seamless experience for an agent and also unifies both AutoReach and Dialpad into a single user interface.
AutoReach proxies Dialpad being available via the Dialpad extension making it a required piece of the installation process. Once installed, right click on the extension and go into the Options section to enable the following:
Confirm phone number before place cals = FALSE (Unchecked. By default it’ll be checked -see below screenshot)
Use this Dialpad app to place calls = Desktop App
- Log into AutoReach
- Be sure you and your agents bookmark this link because that's how you'll log in each time
- Click on the Dialpad logo, which will authenticate you into AutoReach via SSO with your Dialpad account
- Select Allow
- If this is your first time logging in, AutoReach will prompt you to accept our Terms of Service and input a timezone for you agent settings
- Your screen should look like this once you’ve successfully logged in:
- On the navigation menu bar (left side on the UI), select Manage Active Agents
- You will then see all the active users that you have in Dialpad
- To provision AutoReach user access, check the Active checkbox and then select Save
- Active users can now log into AutoReach
You’ll need to assign your active users a role in AutoReach which will determine what set of permissions a user will have. Here are the options available:
- Agent (default) can only dial lists that are assigned to them or ones that they create for themselves (if enabled via the Account Settings)
- Supervisor can create lists and assign agents(s) to them
- Admin has full privileges in AutoReach including account-wide settings
- On the navigation menu bar, select Roles
- All newly activated agents will be assigned an Agent role by default
- You can change a user to an Admin or Supervisor role by selecting Update
- Check the checkbox for the role that you want to assign
- Click Save
A list allows you to create a series of contacts to be called. The below steps will allow you to begin preparing a list in the correct format to be able to call on later.
A sample template can be downloaded here for reference.
By default, AutoReach automatically recognizes 3 configurable column headers:name, company, and title. Additionally, we recognize email and external URL but these two are not configurable.
External URL is used for the sole purpose of a screen pop meaning AutoReach can automatically pop a URL destination of your choice while making an outbound call simultaneously. Many of our customers like to screen pop into a contact record inside of their CRM (ex Salesforce, Hubspot, etc). You can perform this functionality as long as you have an external URL value associated with the record.
Note: The URL must begin with a "https://"
AutoReach will perform a CONTAINS function against the column headers in your CSV to identify which columns of data that you want to bring into AutoReach. Under Account Settings, you’ll need to enter in values that match the column headers from your CSV in order to pull in those columns. Please also be sure that there are no duplicates across your column headers inside of your CSV. For example, your CSV might have the word "company" in two fields (example Company Address, Company Revenue, etc). Otherwise AutoReach will just pull from the first field that contains "company."
FAQ: How do I add more custom columns?
If you're looking to add more fields (no more than 2-3), you can leverage Excel’s CONCATENATE function to combine multiple columns together
Example: if you want to merge Column A and column B together in a CSV, you can input this into a cell:
- =CONCAT([Cell of Column A Header]>, “-“ , [Cell of Column B Header])
- The “-” puts a - to separate the two values
If you require more fields 4+ additional fields, consider upgrading to Campaign Management (Standard or Enterprise) as both licenses can store an unlimited number of custom fields.
Note: The order of the list (sorted by last name alphabetically, sorted by location, etc.) is dependent on the sorting order of the CSV uploaded into AutoReach. Be sure to sort the data in your preferred manner before uploading.
Note: This functionality is only available for Dialpad Sell and Contact Center customers
Enabling dispositions in Dialpad is a general best practice because it provides visibility into the outcome of your calls and also identifies areas of improvement.
Additionally, dispositions can automatically prevent a record from being called again in an AutoReach list. This can be helpful when an agent has successfully booked a meeting with a callee and you no longer want to dial that individual again.
Please view the following Dialpad knowledge base articles on how to enable dispositions
- Once dispositions are enabled in Dialpad, go into the AutoReach Account Settings
- Check the Uses Dispositions checkbox
Admins can enable disposition triggers so that agents can redial a record, add to a DNC list, or completely remove a record from all lists via specific Dialpad dispositions.
AutoReach will perform a CONTAINS function against your existing Dialpad dispositions to enable these triggers based on a brief phrase or word for the following actions:
Example (image above): if an agent uses a Dialpad disposition called “Not interested - remove,” AutoReach will recognize the phrase “remove” and automatically remove that call record from the list.
Disposition triggers for Do Not Call (DNC) management
AutoReach also has built-in Do Not Call management where agents can add numbers to AutoReach’s DNC repository via Dialpad dispositions. Once numbers are added into the list, AutoReach will automatically remove that number from all lists thus preventing agents from dialing a DNC number.
Note: If an agent uses a Dialpad disposition called “Add to a Do Not Call List,” AutoReach will recognize the phrase “Do Not” and automatically add that call record to the AutoReach DNC list.
For more instructions on how to upload a DNC list into AutoReach’s DNC repository, please review the Account Settings section. Agents can also manually add new DNC numbers which can be found in the Launch a Dialing Session section.